Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stephanie Rice (AUS, Swimming)

I can still vividly remember my first swimming lesson. We were made to jump into the pool and cross (by whatever way possible) to the other side. My eight-year old self chickened out. There and then I knew for a fact that I'm every inch a land lubber. Considering my childhood fears of water, I look at champion swimmers with a certain sense of respect!


Stephanie Rice is one such athlete. 


The Australian is a certified sports star. She made her major championship debut for her country at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, where as an 18-year old, she won two gold medals. A year later at the World Championships, the young rice snared two bronzes at the 200m and 400m medley.

Her Olympic debut was golden - three times over. The Brisbane-based Stephanie topped her two best events, adding a 4x200m relay freestyle gold as icing on the cake. Rice had set world records in each of her three events in Beijing. 

Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment