Sunday, July 1, 2012

On Juliane Stolle

I've been perplexed at the popularity of Juliane Stolle. I first wrote about the talented German sprinter back in 2010, as part of my weekly Track Beauty feature in my other blog. Despite her seeming inactivity in the athletics circles (her profiles in All-Athletics and IAAF are dated), she has been drumming up a consistent stream of hits to hurdler49. 


For instance, my original Track Beauty post on Juliane has generated 105 unique page views today, mostly from search engine referrals. In terms of search strings, 11 people have come across my blog looking for information on Juliane. The post has garnered 1,838 unique page views in its almost two years of existence, at par with articles about active and popular athletes like Maris Mägi (5/1/2011 - 1,962), Janin Lindenberg (3/5/2011 - 1,824), and Danielle Carruthers (8/7/2011 - 1,815).

In fact, my post is at the very top of the Google search results for "Juliane Stolle."

I must admit that I"m embarrassed about this. The tone of my original Track Beauty feature was not entirely positive, reeking of disappointment at the seeming end of her athletics career. 

For this, I apologize to Juliane. The Track Beauty of the Week feature intends to showcase the talent of female athletes, not to highlight their flaws. I have made necessary revisions to uplift the mood of my article.

Whatever Juliane's career path now, however different it may be from athletics, I wish her the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment