Friday, December 24, 2010

Claudia Toth (AUT, Curling Beauty)

Our local cable provider carries Eurosport. As a hardcore athletics fan, I used to scour the various sporting channels available for feeds of track & field. Whilst waiting for my favorite events to air, I couldn't help but watch bizarrely alien winter sports. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the grace of figure skating and the sheer exhilaration of ski jumping. Being the tropical habitue that I am, I can't for the love of god, understand the point of curling.


Photo from sportjahr.at
Athletes like Claudia Toth makes learning such a foreign sport a lot easier to bear. Toth is a certified top tier European curler. She is the Austria's curling skip (whatever that means!).


Photos from bleacherreport.com and fanpix.net

The next time Eurosport shows one of those obscure curling live feeds, I'll be on the lookout for a certain Austrian looker! For starters, I shall be intently watching this highly informative clip, just to understand the winter sport a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment